Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Its that time of year again...

okay so im gonna post. Today is the last day of 2008. I can't remember for sure but I feel like on the last day of 2007 we were ringin in the new year at your house and I am sad because I am fairly certain we would be there today if we were not 1000 miles away.

New Years Resolution of the Krafts: Become more socially aware. We are going to pick one book by an author from either the Colbert Report or The Daily Show each month, and read it. I remember you said Scott didnt like the Tipping Point but did like Outliers. I meant to get deeper into that discussion but never did. I dont know that I necessarily agree with the Tipping Point but there were several things that I got to thinking about while reading it. Thats more why I like it than anything else. Blues Clues over Sesame Street. Broken Window Theory and its applications in other circles. Internal responsibility over social (stimuli)reponsibilty. These are things I have been very interested in recently. The other book I got at B&N was, as I told you, why our generation is really the first who "can be anything they want" an chooses to be nothing at all. And it cant be as simple as because we dont have to work for anything. I mean that has part and parcle im sure but its got to be deeper. Anyways.

We have mice. Well, perhaps had. I caught two of them this morning. I was so stoked. I took them down the road and let them out of the coffee can where I had put them to take them out of the house (ryan and neither one could bring ourselves to by killing traps) and one of them charged me. It was the funniest thing. This little mouse, no bigger than a tree frog, and he was gonna show me. So cute. They dont bother me if you can tell. Only spiders. Well i dont care for roaches either.
Anyways.

Chapter two of Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Chuck creates a Sims of himself to discover the deeper meaning of life. Deeper into the project and line one of the chapter:
I am not a benevolent God. I am watching myself writhe in a puddle of my own urine, and i offer no response. I have not eaten or slept for days. I am the master, I am the puppet. i am not the type of person who still plays video games.

I love this book.

No comments: