Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dieting Dilemmas

Well not really dilemmas but it prefilled so...

Years ago when i was working at USAA I did the six week body make over with my desk mate. It works really well, but you have to eat every three hours and it involves quite a bit of cooking as you have to eat a protein (chicken, fish, shrimp or egg whites) and green vegetable (not legume) of a certain quantity at each of those intervals. You can have oatmeal or rice with breakfast but no salt, sugar, fat or any other carb.
You can have all the mustard, vinegar or spices you like, but olive oil, ketchup etc.

So, working at CVS, I cant just stop and eat whenever, and I dont spend that much time prepairing that much food. So I have been doing this:

Breakfast:
1/2 c steelcut oats (homecooked, not instant) with golden raisins, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp peanut butter
3 egg whites w/ basil, garlic salt, etc.
1 cup coffee w/ splenda and creamer.

lunch:
Salad - as much as I care to eat
Romaine
carrotts, zucchini, radishes, peppers, onions
1 can tuna (water packed)
2 tblsp olive oil, 3 tblsp salad vinegar
one diet coke


snack:
snack pack carrots
sugar snap peas
bottled water


dinner:

boiled chicken
steamed veggies
tossed w/ olive oil (1-2 tblsp) and spices

or

more salad
and 1 cup of egg drop soup
(chicken broth and 1 egg white)

bottled water
glass wine (optional) or two!

So this is the third day of my second week.
Its kinda stringent, and im doing pretty well. The diet is optional on Sat and Sunday.
I will say that what I did eat this weekend made my stomach feel bad. And I only ate half my hamburger and was full.
Today they ordered papa johns for lunch in the pharmacy and that was really hard. I was starving too but I withstood.

I dont know what that would be on Fat Church points because I am not fluent in conversion. Maybe if you get a minute you can total it for me.
But really since you were getting back on the wagon I thought I might share my current plan of attack.

No comments: